Anything sold on Amazon – including self-published books – is subject to a 33% withholding tax.
This is a tax that Amazon must take out of the sale before you get your share.
This tax is applicable across the board and non-US citizens are not exempt.
- their country of origin has a trade treaty with the US
- and they apply for an exemption under that trade treaty
As an Australian citizen, I am lucky enough to meet the ‘trade treaty’ criterion but until today, I did not apply for the exemption because:
- I was not making enough money for it to matter, and
- the process was just TOO HARD
I’m not sure what changed, or when exactly, but suddenly the process of applying for an exemption is so easy I’m still pinching myself in case I’m dreaming.
So what’s needed?
- Your country of origin must have a trade…
Ver o post original 265 mais palavras